Scan to Salesforce User Guide
* Go here for the Scan to Salesforce Administrator Guide.
1. Download and install the Scan to Salesforce mobile app
2. Log into Salesforce
You’ll need to log into your Salesforce account when you use the app for the first time.
* To log in with a custom domain, use “(domain name).my.salesforce.com”.
3. Scan business cards
Place up to 4 cards on a flat surface with a solid background. Steady your camera and tap the shutter button when you see a blue circle at the center of each card. You can also try this using a demo card.
4. Confirm scanned data and add context
Tap on a card to check the scan output. If necessary, edit the details and add notes for additional context. Include the card’s back/reverse side using “Attach Image”.
5. Upload to Salesforce
Tap “Upload to Salesforce” to transfer the card data.
1. Open the app in the Salesforce dashboard
Click “Scan to Salesforce” in the Salesforce App Launcher.
2. Find your uploaded cards
In the Scan to Salesforce tab, you can confirm and edit your uploaded card data.
* You can sort cards by upload date and time.
** If available, use “All users’ cards” to see cards uploaded by other users in your org.
3. Transfer business cards to Leads or Contacts
Click “Transfer to Leads” to transfer data. If available, you can also choose to transfer to Contacts. If Scan to Salesforce can find identical Account data in your Salesforce org, scanned data will be automatically associated with it. If no match is possible or multiple matches are found, you can choose either to create a new Account or manually associate with an existing Account.
4. Check transferred card data
Open “Leads” from the App Launcher and confirm the transferred cards. Cards' image files can be found in "Notes & Attachments" under “Related” lists.
This guide is available in Word format if you want to customize it for your organization. Download the file here.